Horses are always looking for a consistent, confident leader. They want an opportunity to exercise their mind and body in a safe,comfortable environment. Simple, but powerful activities on the ground with your horse can make all the difference in your relationship. Starting with Liberty Training, the foundation of any good relationship with your horse, you’ll take your partner, the horse through various activities designed to strengthen his emotional, mental and physical training.
Horses are individuals, and as such need their training to be specific to their personality and temperament. Horses are sensitive to levels of energy and with Cathy’s expert guidance, you’ll learn to have more self awareness, becoming more specific in your approach to the horse.
Groundwork on the lunge will consist of:
- Learning to work with various skills and tools, so you’ll remain safe in working with your horse and he’ll become accustomed to your techniques AND tools.
- Learning to lead your horse at a safe and respectful distance with the same energy and acceptance as at liberty
- Learning to send your horse away and move his feet with direct and driving pressure
- Learning to use the circling exercise to strengthen and balance your horse on both sides of his body while creating maximum flexibility, prepared to engage in any activity
- Learning to back your horse, creating a safe and respectful distance and allowing the horse to be drawn in or sent back with equal energy
- Learning to do lateral work on the ground as well as moving between, over and under objects
With Cathy’s 30 years experience and knowledge gained from some of the best in the world, you’ll notice a difference in your horse’s attitude and behavior immediately.
Groundwork training is $35 an hour and can be done with or without the owner’s participation